STEVEN E. SHAPIRO
Steve Shapiro is a Senior Counsel to KSPL, representing clients in all aspects of intellectual property law, including litigation, preparing and prosecuting applications for patents, trademarks and copyrights, negotiating and drafting intellectual property agreements, evaluating patent portfolios and related technology for potential purchase, and counseling clients with respect to issues of patent and trademark infringement and validity, including providing opinion letters for purposes of avoiding findings of willful infringement.?
Since his graduation from law school, Steve has worked in all aspects of intellectual property law, including the following:
(1) Serving as lead counsel in litigations involving allegations of patent infringement, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violations of the right of publicity, trade secret misappropriation, monopolization and unfair competition;
(2) preparing and prosecuting utility and design patents;
(3) preparing and prosecuting trademark and copyright registration applications;
(4) negotiating and drafting intellectual property agreements, including patent and trademark licenses, IP acquisition agreements, and R&D agreements;
(5) evaluating patent portfolios and related technology for potential purchase; and
(6) counseling clients with respect to issues of patent and trademark infringement and validity, including providing opinion letters for purposes of avoiding findings of willful infringement. He has substantial technical expertise in the areas of computer hardware and software, computer networking, medical devices, electronics, electromechanics, semiconductor fabrication and design, materials science, e-commerce systems, artificial intelligence, applied physics and mathematics, and wireless communications.
Steven has been admitted to practice law as follows: State: CA; NY. Federal: 2nd Cir.; 8th Cir.; 9th Cir.; Fed. Cir.; C.D.Cal.; E.D.Cal; N.D.Cal.; S.D.Cal.; D. Colo.; S.D.N.Y.; E.D.N.Y. U.S. Patent Office: Registered Patent Attorney. California State Bar of California (1989)
Columbia University (B.S.E.E.??1982)
Columbia University (J.D. ?1982)
back to the top